Splitting the bill?

Prometheus

• 6 months later...

No, they shouldn't.

For one thing it is unfair for a entire gender to have to pay for everything. That is not the equality we should be promoting. We should promote a 50/50 splitting of the bill as it is fair for everyone. We men are valid people, who deserve the same rights and validations as all other genders. We men are humans too, humans who do need money to feed, clothe, and place ourselves. While I do understand that dates are usually created by men, that doesn't mean that we should be treated as lesser, as we are equal to everyone else. It would be unfair to women to pay for all of the date, so why should men? It's more fair, less costly, and less stressful if both sides pay their equal share. Or we can just do dates that don't cost money, like hiking.

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 3/21/2022 at 9:59 AM, MisterBobbyPin said:

No, they shouldn't.

For one thing it is unfair for a entire gender to have to pay for everything. That is not the equality we should be promoting. We should promote a 50/50 splitting of the bill as it is fair for everyone. We men are valid people, who deserve the same rights and validations as all other genders. We men are humans too, humans who do need money to feed, clothe, and place ourselves. While I do understand that dates are usually created by men, that doesn't mean that we should be treated as lesser, as we are equal to everyone else. It would be unfair to women to pay for all of the date, so why should men? It's more fair, less costly, and less stressful if both sides pay their equal share. Or we can just do dates that don't cost money, like hiking.

Interesting perspective. I agree. Though how would you feel if it seems like there's going to more dates in the future, should they all be 50/50 or split on who pays? I.e, man proposes date for bowling, he pays for bowling. Woman proposes date to go to an arcade, she pays for the entrance fee to the arcade but each are responsible for their own tokens/game funds.

5 minutes ago, Prometheus said:

Interesting perspective. I agree. Though how would you feel if it seems like there's going to more dates in the future, should they all be 50/50 or split on who pays? I.e, man proposes date for bowling, he pays for bowling. Woman proposes date to go to an arcade, she pays for the entrance fee to the arcade but each are responsible for their own tokens/game funds.

I like your idea, never really thought of it. It would be fair, and could help make dates more interesting.

• Like 1

• Administrators

It's an argument one of my old female friends made. She said and I quote or well, paraphrase, "I invited you to come out on this date, I'm responsible for paying. If you had invited me, I would have assumed you would pay. It was your idea = your expense."

I've also always assumed that if the woman is suggesting splitting the bill, she's not interested in anything more than friends. Though, some do it because that's how they were raised.