The Community Project

Sleeping Discussion Thread

Prometheus

• Administrators

I figured that rather than having a bunch of topics to discuss the aspects of sleeping and all it entails, including sleeping problems, I figured it'd be easier to just combine them all into one topic.

How long do you guys sleep each night, do you sleep a set number of hours or until you feel like waking up? Do you suffer from a sleep issue?

• 2 weeks later...

I typically get around 4-6 hours, depending on the day, slightly more on the weekends. 

I rarely slept when I was in college, sometimes staying up all night just because I couldn't sleep and spent most of the nights wrapped up in Photoshop. I probably suffered from a little insomnia back then but never officially diagnosed or anything.

Nowadays if I have trouble sleeping, I usually read or listen to music and that helps me.

• Administrators

I know that feeling! I usually average around 6 hours, sometimes 8 during the work week. I try to push for more on my days off, try to find that sleeping in stage I've heard so much about. I had a semester like what you're describing. My final semester I think I lived on caffeine most of the days. I would have class from 11-6, eat dinner, manage a few hours of sleep and get up to go to work from 1-9 AM.

Wow, yeah that sounds like it was rough! 😵

What time do you usually head to bed during the work week? I have my fitbit reminding me to start winding down at 10:30pm but usually don't make it to bed until 11pm.